Until long.


Here we are,

on a one less lonely night.

Baring love, love, and endless conversations

-about water bubbles, beers, and busses.

It is this moonlit sky that we share,

even when miles apart.

The stars have a new spark today,

like a newly-wed longing for the spouse

to return home.

//Home//

Sounds strikingly synonymous to you.

You are home.

We lie there, let time lapse

As silence emerged victorious,

in the clash against a million things to voice.

Somewhere on this road of relief,

I watch you fall asleep

- slowly first and all at once.

Eight whole seconds pass

between your inhales and exhales,

you are adorable.

//Love//

Could everything I feel for you,

be held hostage in a mere four-letter word?

Gently I kiss, drawing out metaphors

between your amateur dimples

and the moonlight over your cheeks.

Drowsily you hold my hand tight

and I wonder if you know

every time your skin finds its way to mine,

my heart nearly explodes into a thousand parts;

When rearranged,

Certainly, they spell something beyond L-O-V-E.

Falling asleep I whisper,

Until long.

- J.

Comments

  1. Someone is on a writing streak,huh ?Not bad kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sir, with all due respect I do agree one has the right to state their opinions or give constructive criticism but "appreciating" an artist of a craft in a seemingly condescending manner is not cool, she is doing a great job writing daily which most of us would not be able to do. So, do be a little more considerate/polite.

      Regards,
      An avid admirer of the art.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas if any! :)

Popular posts from this blog

To My Younger Self,

Growing Up.

Everyday Little Things.